One of the fun moments of my childhood involved occasions when we had family over and my dad had to grill some meat to serve the whole house. I remember the whole process being fun filled. I never realized there is a technique to it. However, learning how to prepare several BBQ and getting to know recipes used by people all over the country is a fun experience that I want to share with you.
Below is a list of marinated meat that and how you can use them to make variety of BBQ. Let us take a look at them.
But before, here is an overview of them all,
#1. BBQ Pork Tenderloin Recipe: Made from Pork Loin Filet
- 1 3/4-pound pork tenderloin
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Get the pork tenderloin.
- Place the pork tenderloin into a large zip top bag.
- Take you BBQ sauce, grape jelly, Sriracha sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and pepper.
- After mixing the sauce together, pour half of the mixture over the pork tenderloin.
- Remove any excess air from the zip top bag and seal it to prevent any external air from getting in.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a refrigerator for about an hour to overnight to ensure that meat has marinated.
- Take a plastic wrap to cover the remaining sauce and store it in the refrigerator for later use.
- You can decide to bake or grill the pork tenderloins until it reaches an internal temperature of just about 160 degrees F.
- You can adjust the heat if it’s getting too hot. You can do this even if you are using a charcoal grill method.
- Remove the pork tenderloin from the oven or grill and wrap it with an aluminum foil. Keep it like that for around 5-10 minutes.
- After this, it is ready to be served. You can add an additional BBQ sauce to the pork tenderloin for sweeter taste.
#2. Brown Sugar and Chili Smoked Brisket: made from Beef brisket chili
- 1 beef brisket, about 8 to 10 pounds.
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) salt (coarse salt works best)
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) paprika
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chili powder (hot or mild)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground black pepper
Directions: Follow these simple steps to make this marinated BBQ
- Preheat the smoker and add wood chips.
- Proceed to clean and dry the brisket.
- You can then apply the brisket rub evenly.
- Place the brisket in the smoker for a period of 8-10 hours.
- Heat the brisket at a temperature of 220 degrees.
- To increase the tenderness, proceed to remove the brisket out of the smoker and wrap it in an aluminum foil.
- Put the wrapped brisket in the smoker for the final 2 hours of grilling. After that period, the meat will have absorbed as much smoke as it can.
- Allow the brisket to sit for around 20-30 minutes before you begin to slice it.
- It is ready to be served after that.
#3. Texas-Style Smoked Brisket: From Beef Brisket Chili
Ingredients: This BBQ is prepared using this recipe.
- 8 to 10 pound (2.5 to 2.8 kg) untrimmed brisket
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) Texas-style brisket rub
- Wood chips (oak, fruitwood, hickory)
Directions: these are the steps in preparing this BBQ.
- Preheat the smoker and add wood chips.
- Clean and dry the brisket.
- Apply Texas style rub to the brisket and wait a few minutes.
- Place your brisket in the smoker for around 8-10 hours.
- Heat the brisket to a temperature of about 225-250 degrees. Keep it at that temperature range.
- To increase the tenderness of the brisket, remove the brisket once the temperature reaches 170-degree F and use an aluminum foil to wrap it.
- Put the wrapped brisket back into the smoker for the remaining 2 hours at a temperature of round 190-degree F.
- After that period, the meat will have absorbed enough smoke.
- Gently remove it and let it rest for around 10 minutes.
- You can proceed to slice the brisket after that.
- You are ready to serve this BBQ. You can add additional sauce for extra flavor.
#4. BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Ingredients: These are the recipe used in preparing this BBQ.
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs (4 pounds)
Directions: follow these simple steps to make this BBQ.
- Preheat the oven to a high temperature of around 350-degree F.
- Mix together the brown sugar, mustard, paprika, smoked paprika, black pepper and garlic salt together in a small bowl.
- Any lumps formed in the process should be broken. You can do that with your fingers.
- Keep aside one tablespoon of rub in a small bowl for serving.
- Slide your fingers under the thin membrane and pull of the silver skin from the ribs.
- Repeat the process for the second rack.
- Take your seasoning and rub both sides of the ribs.
- Place in a single layer in a large roasting pan and cover tightly with heavy-duty foil.
- Put the roasting pan on the oven and bake until the ribs become tender. This whole process should take around 1 hour plus.
- You then preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Grill the ribs on both sides for around 15 minutes. Flip when necessary.
- Let the rack rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Add extra sauce for flavor.
- The BBQ is ready to be served after that.
#5. Grilled Spatchcock Chicken
Ingredients: The recipe needed for this BBQ are:
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1/3 cup packed fresh herbs, such as rosemary, thyme, parsley, and sage leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pompeian Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1/2 lemon, zest removed in strips with a peeler
- 1 chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), Spatchcock
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions: Here are the steps involved in making this BBQ.
- Pure your onion, herbs, oil and zest in a food processor.
- Rub some puree under the skin of the chicken breast.
- Use the remaining puree and rub it on the remaining part of the bird.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 6-8 hours.
- After refrigerating, let it stand at room temperature for around 20-30 minutes.
- You then season with salt and pepper.
- On the grilling stage, heat the grill to a medium on high or set up for indirect heating method.
- Grill chicken, breast side down, covered with vent open, until nicely charred, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 30 minutes. Flip again until the internal temperature reaches around 165 degrees in the thickest part of the breast.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- After this, the BBQ is ready to serve.
#6. Grill Perfect Pork Chops.
Ingredients: The recipe for this marinated BBQ are:
- One onion, finely chopped.
- 1 cup of ketchup.
- 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- 2 tbsp of honey.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar.
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper.
- 6 thin pork chops.
- Salt and ground pepper.
Directions: follow these simple steps to prepare this marinade BBQ.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of around 440-degree F.
- Whisk onion, ketchup, vinegar, honey, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl until barbeque sauce is smooth.
- Place the prepared pork chops on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Follow that up with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce for added flavor.
- Grill the pork in the preheated oven until thoroughly cooked for about 30 minutes. Once the temperature reads 145-degree F, you can remove it.
- Let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- You can slice it and serve after that.
#7. Easy BBQ Pork Chops.
Ingredients: The recipe for this pork chop are:
- ⅕ cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick (about 1 lb)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Directions: The steps for making this pork chop are:
- Gas or charcoal grill. In a small bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, honey jam and rosemary until it becomes smooth. Leave side by side.
- Sprinkle with both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Put the pork chops on the grill on the medium. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once or twice, while the meat thermometer is inserted into the central bearing 145 F, brush the grill sauce over the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- In a pan 1 liter, heat the remaining barbecue sauce to the suck. Serve warm with pork chops.
- Get your plates and cutleries ready. Food is done.
#8. Grilled Ground Beef Patties
Ingredients: the recipe are:
- 5 pounds of 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef OR home ground beef with about a 15% fat content
- parchment paper
- resealable gallon size zipper top freezer bags
- 4- inch round open topped biscuit cutter
- kitchen scale that measures in ounces
Directions: Follow these instructions to make this delicacy.
- Place the leaf on the cookie sheet. Cover the scale of your kitchen with a plastic layer to ensure that it is clean.
- Lay the round biscuit cutter on top of the scale. Turn on and tare your scale.
- Measure 5 ounces of the ground meat into a round cutter. Press it down gently to ensure that the meat is evenly distributed within the mold.
- Use your thumb to create an indentation that is about 1/3rd of the bowl. This indentation will prevent the burger from totally dominating during the grill process.
- Left the cutter and move the lined cookie sheet and push the patty out onto the parchment.
- Return the cutter to the scale and repeat with the rest of the meat.
- To grill the patties, season the required number of frozen patties with the seasoning on both sides.
- Lay the patties down over direct heat.
- Flip them gently as the juices begin to drop and leave them after that.
- Leave it for about 3 minutes and the burger will be ready.
- Get a chilled drink and eat your burger Pattie.
#9. Angus Ground Beef.
Ingredients: Here is a list of the ingredients you will need to make this delicacy.
- 2 pieces white sandwich bread, crusts removed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup low fat milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 3 scallions, finely sliced (optional)
- Nonflammable cooking spray to grease grill
- 10 hamburger buns
Directions: here is the instruction needed to prepare this BBQ.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Mash the bread and milk together with a fork in a bowl until the mixture turns pasty.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and stir properly. Mix everything together.
- Flatten the balls into 3/4-inch patties about 4-1/2 inches around. Form a slight depression in the center of each patty to prevent the burgers from puffing up on the grill.
- Grease the drill with a nonflammable cooking spray. Proceed to grill the burgers and cover it until it turns brown on one side. This take like 5 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and continue cooking for some few minutes until you attain the desired level.
- It is now ready to be served but you can toast the buns on the cooler side of the grill if desired.
#10. Teriyaki Flank Steak.
Ingredients: The recipes are:
- 1/2 pounds flank steak.
- 1/4 cup/60 mL crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL minced onion
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL honey
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- Cut the stem into small sizes.
- Place them in a bowl and mix with ingredients.
- Pour it over the steak and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill and remove the steaks from the marinade.
- Retain the marinade and proceed to place the steaks on the heated grill.
- Cook the steak until it is done.
- Brush with the remaining marinade occasionally until it is properly cooked.
- Remove steaks from grill when they’ve reach desired doneness and cut into strips cross grain
- The steak is ready and you can serve it over rice.
#11. Classic Steak Marinade.
Ingredients: The recipes used for this dish are:
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- 2 teaspoon/10 mL fresh oregano, lightly chopped
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh thyme
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions: Follow these simple steps to get this steak marinade done.
- Put all the ingredients in a glass or a plastic bowl and mix.
- Place the steak in a plastic bag and pour your marinade over the top. Ensure that all surfaces are covered with the marinade.
- Seal the plastic bag and refrigerate for a period of 6-8 hours.
- Once marinated, you can then grill it.
- Flip it as you grill until you get it is finally done.
These are the recipes and the instructions on how to make some top marinade American style BBQ. Try any of them and be sure to have a great taste.